CHILD SUPPORTDomestic Relations
An uncontested divorce (simple) divorce
Here both parties involved in the marriage are able to resolve issues without court intervention. Although the parties may be experiencing an amicable divorce, it is still advisable to seek help from an attorney during this time. We provide experienced and practical legal representation to clients who are experiencing an uncontested divorce. We strive to help clients reach time-efficient resolutions—in many cases an uncontested divorce can be finalized within three months of filing.
Have you and your divorcing spouse been able to reach agreements on issues such as division of property/assets, child custody and child/spousal support? Call the Law Firm of Ali & Bains today to arrange a consultation. As experienced attorneys, we can help you find resolution to your uncontested divorce.
New York does not require a reason or grounds for divorce but for the fact that the marriage is broken and cannot be fixed.
A contested divorce
A contested divorce occurs when the parties disagree on one, several or all of the issues significant in their lives as partners and as a family
Whether your divorce will be uncontested or contested will depend on both parties looking at the following:
- Division of property — Any property, assets and debt that were acquired during the marriage are considered to be marital property. Marital property is distributed equitably under the law. We represent clients who have accumulated significant assets and property including pensions, investments, second homes and real property.
- Child Custody — The best interests of the child or children will be the most important factor in determining child custody and visitation arrangements. We can explain the many different custody arrangements and help create a plan that works for you and your kids.
- Child Support — Child support is based upon statutory guidelines. We have experience in high-asset cases, cases involving college and private school tuition and other complex support matters.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony) — Spousal maintenance can be ordered to be paid in one lump sum or over time. Maintenance can be permanent, rehabilitative or restitutional.
- Attorney fees—who is the monied spouse if any and if he or she should pay the other’s attorney fees.
The dissolution of a marriage involves disassembling a life that likely took years to build. During the course of a marriage, property and debt was acquired, children were born and a standard of living was established. A contested divorce occurs when the divorcing parties cannot agree on the final settlement of these issues. As experienced attorneys, we can help you reach favorable outcomes in your contested divorce. Are you and your soon to be ex-spouse unable to reach agreements on issues such as division of property/assets, child custody and child/spousal support? Call the Law Firm of Ali & Bains today to arrange a consultation. We can provide a practical approach to your contested divorce matters.
Of course, it is very natural for parties to disagree about these very important issues. As your attorney and advocate, we can provide you with valuable representation. We can ensure your goals are met, your children’s best interests are protected and your future is in good shape. Please call us today to arrange your consultation.