FAMILY BASED IMMIGRATIONIMMIGRATION SERVICES
The law firm of Ali & Bains, P.C., is renowned for the expertise their lawyers possess in the immigration law. This law firm represents clients in a wide range of family based immigration and related immigration matters. They are uniquely qualified to undertake this work because one of the partners, Shahid Ali, Esq., has litigated so many reported immigration cases and is regarded expert practitioner who has to share many success stories towards his cases. Our team in the immigration area, makes it possible for our firm to provide experienced and knowledgeable representation to immigrants from around the world who seek to be reunited with their families.
Options for Immigrants Related to US Citizens
US citizens are able to petition for family members, including spouses, parents, children and siblings, to become permanent residents and start on the path to citizenship. There are numerous visa types for family members of US citizens; Ali & Bains Law Firm advises clients about the category that best fits their circumstances:
- FB-1 First Preference – Unmarried sons and daughters of US citizens.
- FB-2 Third Preference – Married sons and daughters of US citizens.
- FB-4 Fourth Preference – Brothers and sisters of US citizens.
- K-1 and K-3 Fiancée Visas – Fiancées of US citizens are eligible for these non-immigrant visas that are good for 90 days
- K-3 Visas – For spouses of US citizens whose petition for permanent residency has not been approved and forwarded to the US consulate in the spouse’s home country.
Options for Families of Permanent Residents
Permanent residents (holders of “Green Cards”) are eligible to petition for permanent residency for their family members under the following visa programs:
- FB-2 Second Preference – Spouses and unmarried children and sons and daughters of permanent residents.
- V Visas – Spouses or children of lawful permanent residents, if the permanent resident has filed a petition for the spouse or child before December 21, 2000 and the petition is still pending.
Citizens and permanent residents of the US can seek other visa types for their family members. Our attorneys will help clients review their options on a case to case basis to determine whether these visa programs might be effective.
In addition to helping family members apply for visas for their relatives, the lawyers at Ali & Bains, P.C., particularly enjoy helping people with international adoptions. This aspect of the practice is particularly rewarding, as it brings children in need to loving families in the USA.
Contact Ali & Bains Law Firm for Information about Family-Based Immigration